Felling Really Down - Bs Not Good

deborabaratto

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos and hypers
Hey everyone - I'm feeling really down these past days. After having an amazing week, doing sports eating healthy low carb and great BS and using like 20-40% is my basal needs, I came back this week with crazy highs all the time, insomnia and just feeling really disappointed at myself and just full of doubts..
Needing some support of my diabuddies

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Please try not to feel disappointed at yourself. I think it's wonderful you've had this amazing week, don't forget to feel proud about that!
Diabetes doesn't play fair, it's not your fault when it doesn't behave. Try to get yourself together and make more amazing days! (and if some days aren't amazing, blame diabetes, not yourself. Even if you did something 'normal' that you perceive as 'something wrong' because of diabetes - like eating icecream or such. We're only human)

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Hi @deborabaratto
We've all been there. Sugars sometimes have a mind of their own - the trick is not letting that mess with yours. Can you plan something fun for the weekend to look forward to and go do it whatever the numbers are (within reason).

Reactions: deborabaratto
K

Knikki

Yep in the same place at the moment, mine are all over the place at the moment and it is also getting me down and rather annoyed.

However, worse things happen at sea, so they say, so I am doing my best to get on top of it, even if it means cutting out cake :(

Just one of the joys of being a T1D like as @Diakat says we have all been there.

deborabaratto

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos and hypers
Please try not to feel disappointed at yourself. I think it's wonderful you've had this amazing week, don't forget to feel proud about that!
Diabetes doesn't play fair, it's not your fault when it doesn't behave. Try to get yourself together and make more amazing days! (and if some days aren't amazing, blame diabetes, not yourself. Even if you did something 'normal' that you perceive as 'something wrong' because of diabetes - like eating icecream or such. We're only human)

Huge thanks! I'll try to ease up and just about to do some Yoga I think it'll help too :)

Bon83

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey everyone - I'm feeling really down these past days. After having an amazing week, doing sports eating healthy low carb and great BS and using like 20-40% is my basal needs, I came back this week with crazy highs all the time, insomnia and just feeling really disappointed at myself and just full of doubts..
Needing some support of my diabuddies
Sometimes there is no reasoning with diabetes! I have the exact same routine Monday Tuesday - exercise work lunch etc but sometimes you would think I was going competely mad doing no activities and shovelling cake! Then boom comes back to normal again. It's very draining so give yourself a break!!! Xx

Reactions: Diakat

leahkian

You say you came back have you been doing sports in England or somewhere else? You find times when you BS are all over and you do not know why. This happens to me every time we change seasons and has done since i got diabetes. i will have a week of sugars up and down. There has been no consultant who has been able to tell me why so for that week i just stick to what i would do normal and after about a week they come back in line. The thing is you have had a great week and enjoyed it, so after doing all that sport your body may be adjusting itself back to normal. You have plenty of bad days with diabetes so enjoy the good ones because you deserve it.

Grumpy ole thing

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
discovering you cant actually turn the stairs round, or move the roof...
Hi @deborabaratto , I'm sorry to hear you're struggling with this week's results, might the hot weather be having an impact? I find it really difficult to manage BS in this heat. Keep smiling you've had a fab week, and I am sure things will turn around again soon. x

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Perhaps if you think about the thousands of years our pancreas glands have developed over to give us humans such a well controlled blood sugar handling system and out of the blue you find yourself having to take over the autopilot and keep flying as level as possible - it is a big ask to be able to keep things under control 24/7.
Each less than perfect day is not a failure, it is a learning experience - one I admit that is not easy to always feel grateful for!! Even an ace pilot has an off day, every spider building a web has the chance of a 'building malfunction', every brilliant musician can have a miscue or play a wrong note. (I think David Bowie even made it an art form).
Humour, including self humour, is one of your friends in this challenge. You know it has only been 3 times in 51 years that I have hit a blood vessel when injecting insulin. What a lousy average !! And one of my friends always asks that with so many injections and finger pricks, why do I not leak with a sieve after drinking water. And I am sure that high BSL was because of the weather and that hypo was because that walking trial just had to be steeper this time round than last time. We live and learn.
And old fogey called Voltaire has a saying: Life is a shipwreck but at least we can sing in the life boats !
(There is a friendly shore somewhere )!

Reactions: Bon83