Female question

Ejay40

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hypocrites, Egotists, Olives!
Hi I was diagnosed last year and would like to ask a question of the female forum users (sorry!) I find that during my monthlies I struggle to keep my blood sugars level. Realised quickly I was having a hypo this morning, does anyone else suffer like this. (I hadn't had my metformin but had eaten cereal for breakfast a little earlier) . Thanks!

Thundercat

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yep! Always get hypos with pms - as if it wasn't enough on its own! I can't adjust for them because otherwise my bs is fine.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

kazzyrf

Hi, i was diagnosed a year ago and for the 1st few months i had hypo's as soon as my monthly started. If i test a day or so before it starts my BG readings are usually high. I now make sure i eat more during my period which so far seems to have worked :p

Tracey167

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi

Yes sugar levels in female diabetics does seem to go to pot when monthlys are due, i tend to get higher readings a week before i'm due on then on the day i come on they go back down. Diabetes nurse said its due to the hormones in our bodies at that time in the month, everyone is different i have also had hypos while i have my period but then being a type 1 i do suffer with hypos without awareness due to having it so long.

tracey167