Fennel seeds - a miracle cure?

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
I've just done test overnight on the NuZest Good Green Stuff, so will start a new thread on this.

YasminManjoo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So I was discussed diabetes with a guy in the steam room at my gym yesterday - he told me fennel seeds are known to help keep your blood glucose under control? Anyone else ever heard of this - I've searched the forum and no mention.

Maybe an urban myth?
Hello...I'm been having fennel seeds regularly for years.....almost everyday but in spite of that I've been diagnosed with diabetes . So in my case I cannot say it helped

M

mojo37

So I was discussed diabetes with a guy in the steam room at my gym yesterday - he told me fennel seeds are known to help keep your blood glucose under control? Anyone else ever heard of this - I've searched the forum and no mention.

Maybe an urban myth?
Well no harm in trying them and they taste nice :)

KerenHermon

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other

Maybe an urban myth?

It isn't fennel that is reputed to help control blood sugar levels, it is fenugreek, and you are supposed to chew the leaves, not use the seeds. Unfortunately, it tastes disgusting and if you eat enough of the stuff to make a difference, and it will only be a very small difference, your breath, your skin and your clothes will stink of it and no-one will want to sit next to you.. My husband tried this, for a short while. I did not follow suit!
Keren

Last edited by a moderator:

dex44lego9

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Bridie type 1 I know nothing about seeds or spices don't even like them I eat food that is not good for my diabetes I dislike so much food but Everytime I go for check up I am one with best blood sugar I could do with some food tip's.

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It isn't fennel that is reputed to help control blood sugar levels, it is fenugreek, and you are supposed to chew the leaves, not use the seeds. Unfortunately, it tastes disgusting and if you eat enough of the stuff to make a difference, and it will only be a very small difference, your breath, your skin and your clothes will stink of it and no-one will want to sit next to you.. My husband tried this, for a short while. I did not follow suit!
Keren

Ha ha ... you are really selling it @KerenHermon - think I will stick to my LCHF diet instead :)

bobrobert

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The poster asked a reasonable question and the next few posts ridiculed him. Not good??? I tried them but stopped because I think they added to my constipation. I took two teaspoonfuls. Once again I will try at a much lower dosage and build up slowly.