FFP3/KN99 masks that do not fog eyeglasses

Rabdos

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello

I am struggling to find FFP3/KN99 masks that have a way to prevent eyeglasses fogging. I had some masks with a foam on the nose strip which were great to prevent fogging but any other effective way would be fine too.

Do you know any please?

Thanks!

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You can buy sticky foam pads separately on Amazon.

I got Dreamcan Ffp3 masks off Amazon U.K. which have an inner “skirt” to seal to the face and they worked for me and most of my family. And are reasonably comfortable as these these go.

mostly it’s about the right size mask for your face - and then adjusting the nose wire correctly whatever mask it is. Bend it in a U shape around your nose not a V by flattening it first then putting two bends in not one.

M

Member34835

Some of us choose to use them to protect ourselves or others in certain situations.
Nothing to do with requirement, just responsibility.
I think you can choose to wear a mask but where the issue of their efficacy is extremely contentious, it seems divisive to accuse others of being selfish or irresponsible. They may be both these things or perhaps just less anxious and more rational depending on your views on masking.

Reactions: becca59

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think you can choose to wear a mask but where the issue of their efficacy is extremely contentious, it seems divisive to accuse others of being selfish or irresponsible. They may be both these things or perhaps just less anxious and more rational depending on your views on masking.
So I, in my covid positive status right now, am not exercising responsibility by masking around others to help them avoid the same as I am suffering? (Well I would be masking if I could leave my bed). Nor others whom are particularly vulnerable choosing to wear one To avoid consequences to themselves of being exposed?

My choice of the word responsibility referred to those choosing to use them. If you want to defensively apply the reverse argument I’m not going to argue with you. I’d agree, but that isn’t what I said. And I think this is pots and kettles with you now calling me irrational and anxious. 4 days in patient treatment for me this week proves risks are still significant to some, even if we don’t know who ahead of time.

Evidence is strong (admittedly not 100% effective - due to compliance, quality and fit mostly) for masking whatever those that choose not to use them believe, imo.

I’m not going to debate topic this further with you. Our positions are clear. And long have been.

The op asked for information about the practical use of masks, not judgement or not so subtle comments about “requirements” which are in fact still in place in some medical settings. Its not known the reasoning behind the choice being made and we need not speculate in order to answer the question asked.

ThoseRainyDays

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Unless you've been FIT tested with specific FFP3 masks, you won't know which has a complete seal. If it doesn't have a complete seal then they're only as effective as a standard surgical mask.

Regardless of the type of mask, it's very dependant on your own face shape and the mask itself. One mask might work for one person but not for another because of differences in face shape.

You can however do some tricks on your glasses to prevent them fogging. You can use anti-fog cloths on your glasses. I've heard of washing the glasses with soap but I think that will depend on the soap and what coatings you have on your glasses. I'd recommend speaking to your opticians for their advice on ways to prevent glasses fogging.

jim1951

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Unless you've been FIT tested with specific FFP3 masks, you won't know which has a complete seal. If it doesn't have a complete seal then they're only as effective as a standard surgical mask.

Regardless of the type of mask, it's very dependant on your own face shape and the mask itself. One mask might work for one person but not for another because of differences in face shape.

You can however do some tricks on your glasses to prevent them fogging. You can use anti-fog cloths on your glasses. I've heard of washing the glasses with soap but I think that will depend on the soap and what coatings you have on your glasses. I'd recommend speaking to your opticians for their advice on ways to prevent glasses fogging.
I couldnt find any mask that would stop my glasses misting up so I purchased a reusable dry anti fog cloth that if you keep it sealed lasts for over 700 applications. Got it on Amazon 2 years ago for a few pounds and use it every day, it works and is still going strong.

• Informative
Reactions: EllieM

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello

I am struggling to find FFP3/KN99 masks that have a way to prevent eyeglasses fogging. I had some masks with a foam on the nose strip which were great to prevent fogging but any other effective way would be fine too.

Do you know any please?

Thanks!
Specsavers sell Anti Fog wipes/Spray to use on your glasses which at £6.49 are not cheap - I bought them a lot at first, I now use/have found Opticlear Lens wipes which are under £2 a box from Morrisons or Sainsbury which are not as good but still do the job imo and are a lot cheaper

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Most of my masks have triple filters in them, like the one in my avatar.

My glasses fog up if I have just got out from an air conditoned car or shop / building, but not from breathing as it's the change in temperature.

Specsavers sell Anti Fog wipes/Spray to use on your glasses which at £6.49 are not cheap
Should have gone to OPSM... :)

• Agree
Reactions: Lainie71