Dose anyone use Fiasp (insulin aspart

Sonnyb2

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
None
What's good about Fiasp (insulin aspart)

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Sonnyb2 - If you do a forum search on Fiasp, posted by my colleague @tim2000s , you should find plenty of comment. If I recall, Tim was a very early user of Fiasp.

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
@Sonnyb2 - the main reason for using it is that it takes effect in far less time than Novorapid or Humalog for most people. You can bolus as you eat rather than well before. There is a significant minority of us that, after longer term use, have encountered problems with it though.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Sonnyb2 - the main reason for using it is that it takes effect in far less time than Novorapid or Humalog for most people. You can bolus as you eat rather than well before. There is a significant minority of us that, after longer term use, have encountered problems with it though.

Interesting, what issues have developed with it? If you don’t mind me asking :)

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Have a read of these: http://www.diabettech.com/Fiasp

After longer term use, there are quite a few people that have developed site issues, seeming resistance to Fiasp specifically (it seems to act less Le water in some cases), pain on bolusing, etc.

It looks like either a local site reaction to the additives, a liver related reaction to the additives, a bit of both or something else.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Have a read of these: http://www.diabettech.com/Fiasp

After longer term use, there are quite a few people that have developed site issues, seeming resistance to Fiasp specifically (it seems to act less Le water in some cases), pain on bolusing, etc.

It looks like either a local site reaction to the additives, a liver related reaction to the additives, a bit of both or something else.

Sorry to hear that Tim, after such a very promising start. Have you stuck with Fiasp, or swapped to something else, post the issues?

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Back on Novorapid.

After the promising start, I bet that feels like a bit of a blow, but you tried it, and made all those sacrifices with that range of Krispy Kreme products.

Life gets tough at the sharp end. :)