Fiasp a few days in...

h4kr

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well.. it certainly looks like this is working quickly.
My daily meal spikes are pretty much gone. Had to up my ratios due to hypos, but after this mornings breakfast and run my lunch and dinner spikes didn’t even really register..

Is this the experience of most on fiasp?
IMG_1519335813.147197.jpg

Reactions: Antje77

nessals946

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Ive been thinking about changing to fiasp,im on novorapid right now.That graph looks pretty good to me.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
For me it is. I often can't find food back from just the graph.

db89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes - it helped me immensely with pre-bolusing when I switched to it and gave me more freedom than Novorapid!

You just have to be wary of foods it can work too fast with.

phdiabetic

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Not available for me yet. Did you have the hypos due to fiasp or something else? Also is it harder to treat hypos when you are using it?

h4kr

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Not sure to be honest, I’m honeymooning so my ratios seem to change often. I think I have it.. then proved wrong!

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
It works very well while it works. There is a mixed bag of people that have used it. If you use it with a pump, there seems to be a higher risk of starting to develop resistance and site issues. MDI users have reported fewer issues. Novo haven't published the results of their pump clinical trial yet, and it finished in July last year, where they were very quick to publish the MDI results. This is usually indicative of some form of poor results.

Reactions: h4kr