Fiasp and levimer

Lynzb

Hi I am 10 weeks pregnant and have been advised to change from lantus to levimer but split it so take it time a day. And also to change my novorapid to fiasp. My hb1ac is 43 but i have high carb to insulin ratios so they r hoping that fiasp will help this before insulin resistance kicks in. Just wondering if any one has any experience of these insulins during pregnancy and did they help you.

Chezlaterre

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi there! I was put on those two while pregnancy planning. I find that I’m on way more levemir than I ever was lantus which I’m not thrilled about, but overall it’s working because I do need a bit more at night than during the day to keep stable. Fiasp has been amazing. I’m on busy schedule and often don’t know I’m going to eat lunch until I’m about to which doesn’t give much time for the insulin to start working. Fiasp works so much more quickly than Novirapid did and I immediately saw better control. Hope it works for you too! Good luck!

Hi I am 10 weeks pregnant and have been advised to change from lantus to levimer but split it so take it time a day. And also to change my novorapid to fiasp. My hb1ac is 43 but i have high carb to insulin ratios so they r hoping that fiasp will help this before insulin resistance kicks in. Just wondering if any one has any experience of these insulins during pregnancy and did they help you.

Last edited:
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Lynzb, congrats on your pregnancy.I’m currently 17weeks pregnant and T1 diabetic.I was on novarapid and levemir before pregnancy but I switched to fiasp at 12weeks due to novarapid taking at least 30-40minutes to start working before meals which was a massive hassle and caused me loads of severe hypos and blood sugar spikes.I love fiasp.It works so much quicker and I don’t have to wait to eat after injecting.I’m still on levemir but my dosage has lowered drastically as I was hypoing every night.I went from injecting 7units pre-pregnancy to currently 2units but it seems to work for me.I’m extremely sensitive to insulin so I don’t need many units and my meals are low carbs which help during pregnancy.Wishing you the best.