Fiasp - Chest Infection/chesty Cough

Applenerd81

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Carbs
Has anyone else experience a chesty cough when using Fiasp?

I was recently offered a trial of Fiasp from my diabetes consultant. On my first pen I developed a bad chesty cough - my blood sugars where all over the place, I wrote it off as bad timing with a cold so switched back to Humalog. Tried Fiasp again a month or so later after recovering and the chesty cough came back?! Coincidence or rare side effect?!

scotteric

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Has anyone else experience a chesty cough when using Fiasp?

I was recently offered a trial of Fiasp from my diabetes consultant. On my first pen I developed a bad chesty cough - my blood sugars where all over the place, I wrote it off as bad timing with a cold so switched back to Humalog. Tried Fiasp again a month or so later after recovering and the chesty cough came back?! Coincidence or rare side effect?!

Who knows, I really think there is something not right about Fiasp. Ive tried it several times and always end up back on NovoRapid. I noticed that when I was using it last time on MDI I had yellowish-tinted skin near my injection areas. Strangely these were even where I only inject Levemir. Since switching back to NovoRapid I haven't seen them, but maybe it's just a coincidence.

Reactions: Applenerd81

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Hi @Applenerd81 I looked up the Rxlist.com site about Fiasp.
It listed upper respiratory infection and sinus infection as some of the side-effects.
Nothing on whether these are temporary side-effects.