Fiasp or Apidra?

torzhill

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I’m sure to change my fast acting insulin on Friday as my novarapid doesn’t seem to be working probably and taking a good 1 1/2 to kick in. My DSN said I could try fiasp or apidra and she said preferably apidra as it has been around for longer and more studies etc. What are everyone’s thoughts and experiences with either? Or has anyone tried both?

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
I have just started using Fiasp, been 1 week now. I used to inject Novorapid around half hour before i started eating to try and avoid spikes (that didn't always work!). I now inject Fiasp just as I start to eat and am, at the moment, avoiding large spikes. If I am having a high I find it starts to bring my bloods down VERY quickly. So far I am very happy with it

Last edited:

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I have just started using Fiasp, been 1 week now. I used to inject Novorapid around half hour before i started eating to try and avoid spikes (that didn't always work!). I now inject Fiasp just as I start to eat and am, at the moment, avoiding large spikes. If I am having a high I find it starts bring my bloods down VERY quickly. So far I am very happy with it
Same for me, exept I've been on Fiasp for half a year.

Reactions: porl69

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
A big plus is Fiasp doesn't sting like Novorapid :)

torzhill

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have just started using Fiasp, been 1 week now. I used to inject Novorapid around half hour before i started eating to try and avoid spikes (that didn't always work!). I now inject Fiasp just as I start to eat and am, at the moment, avoiding large spikes. If I am having a high I find it starts to bring my bloods down VERY quickly. So far I am very happy with it

Ah fab thank you! My nurse seemed a lot more keen to start me on Apidra but I haven’t heard a lot about it and have only heard good things about Fiasp!