Fiasp Quick acting insulin.

winephil

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cities and crowds
I am very interested to know if anyone has tried this? After very many years on Humolog I think Fiasp would be a great improvement?

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I have used it. Do a search for the detail, but in short I didn't get on with it.

YMMV

Moodle

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, I have just started it today, so will let you know.

Gary61

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have been on it for coming up to a year. It has improved my control whereas my spikes are less prevalent now, but it's by no means a fix all type of insulin. I us an Animas pump with a CGM and get far better control while exercising due to the speed it acts and less of the insulin left on board. I'm not saying it will suit all but in my case where I eat considerably more carbs than most on this forum and do a relevant amount of exercise it works.

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
@winephil People see varying responses to it. Some like @Gary61 get on well with it. Others don't get on at all with it. And others still find it works for a period then goes horribly wrong. I'm one of the latter. I wrote about it here: http://www.diabettech.com/fiasp

Speaking to various Healthcare Professionals, there are a lot of people that have struggled with it.

As with most things, you need to try it and see how you get on.

dancer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Fiasp has reduced spikes after my meals and is also much quicker at correcting high blood sugars.

db89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My experience has been generally positive with Fiasp. It works quickly and it cut the time I bolus in advance (where appropriate) in half across the course of the day. I'm on MDI with it.

Sideburnt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It was working great for me for quite a few months then around December of last year I noticed that absorption onset drifted from 15 minutes to now around the 1.5h mark. Not just that but some doses simply don't seem to absorb if you're just sitting down, then tank your blood sugars when you stand up and move around a bit. It's so disappointing, I'm trying longer needles to see if that restores some of the fast absorption that I used to enjoy otherwise I might just switch back to Apidra.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Just been put on it today. Will keep you informed