Fiasp roller coaster

borderter

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes! Celebrities and curry
Trying fiasp but palpitations following jab and bgs going up and down seemingly at random but generally lower bgs than novorapid so I would like to hear if anyone else had teething troubles when starting Fiasp and if so did things improve .Bought a sensor to find point of meal rise which is half an hour post meal so injecting later than advised apart from that dont know how to use this for best results

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello, I was prescribed Fiasp and sensors yesterday. So I too, am trying it as well. No palpitations for me, the spike I get is a similar spike I got yesterday. Yesterday I was 5.4 spiked to 9.8 during lunch, then came down to 6.3 for the evening. Today I was 8.4 and spiked to 11.9, which to me isn’t too bad considering it was a banana and a coffee. It’s a bit early to say but I feel the spike so far isn’t a huge spike compared to its brother, Novorapid. A small improvement I’d say, also a bit more positive. Usually I spike very badly after food within the first 2hours, then dip either to normal range or hypo land. I feel a tad more stable. As for the sensor, I’ve stuck it on but I haven’t activated it yet. I’d like to note I’ve beem injecting Fiasp as soon as food touches my mouth, if I did the same for novorapid it would have taken its time to catch up. I’d say get in contact with your team to ask about it. I’m seeing my DSN this friday so I’ll ask more about Fiasp, maybe I will ask for another appointment with a dietitian.

borderter

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes! Celebrities and curry
Hello, I was prescribed Fiasp and sensors yesterday. So I too, am trying it as well. No palpitations for me, the spike I get is a similar spike I got yesterday. Yesterday I was 5.4 spiked to 9.8 during lunch, then came down to 6.3 for the evening. Today I was 8.4 and spiked to 11.9, which to me isn’t too bad considering it was a banana and a coffee. It’s a bit early to say but I feel the spike so far isn’t a huge spike compared to its brother, Novorapid. A small improvement I’d say, also a bit more positive. Usually I spike very badly after food within the first 2hours, then dip either to normal range or hypo land. I feel a tad more stable. As for the sensor, I’ve stuck it on but I haven’t activated it yet. I’d like to note I’ve beem injecting Fiasp as soon as food touches my mouth, if I did the same for novorapid it would have taken its time to catch up. I’d say get in contact with your team to ask about it. I’m seeing my DSN this friday so I’ll ask more about Fiasp, maybe I will ask for another appointment with a dietitian.
I too am seeing endo in 2 weeks so needing to see how this goes so change can be made if its working well