1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Fiasp vs Humalog

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by kzlorenz, Jul 26, 2017.

1. Eldorado

Eldorado Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hi
    I've been on Humalog for years and have also been using the Libre since last October. I'd really like to try Fiasp as the Libre has been showing up the post meal spikes.
    What sort of pen do you use with Fiasp? Does it deliver 0.5 units?
    Thanks

2. Canuck3618

Canuck3618 Type 2 · Newbie

I started on Fiasp a week ago in place of Humalog on a MDI program. The benefit for me is that I have not been able to consistently take my insulin 15minutes before starting my meal. That results in big post meal spikes. I have not noticed any significant change in insulin requirement. I carb count and use the Libre insulin calculator. I have noticed that I have to watch for the impact of low glycemic index foods that raise BG levels towards the tail end of Fiasp effectiveness. Diabetes ain't easy. I follow the advise in "Sugar Surfing" taking micro doses of either insulin or carbs to flatten pending spikes up or down as appropriate. I find Fiasp very helfull. I only hope that Ontario will add it to their seniors drug program as is the case for Humalog. Without a funded drug plan Fiasp is beyond my budget resources.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook