fiasp....

• Thread starter Deleted member 83869
  • Start Date

Diamattic

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I just picked up a sample bottle for Fiasp from my doctor, and loaded it into my pump last night.
So far no negative issues, only positives.

As mentioned above its the same cost, and it cuts pre-bolusing down quite a lot. You no longer have to wait 20 minutes before meals (which is usually no issue, but when eating out I can see this being huge), also i do notice so far it really helps prevent spikes. The first thing i did was eat a large piece of cake (it was left over from my dads birthday, i dont just always have cake around) and bolused right before my first bite and my sugars peaked at 8mmol/L which is crazy awesome, usually id see 12+ if i did something like that on Novorapid. Also, it acts faster to bring down highs, which i did see a little of today.

This could all change with time, but so far it seems like a keeper.

The only issues preventing me from switching have been that its technically a change in treatment/prescription which means it will affect my travel insurance. So i may hold off until all my trips are complete for a while lol And some people report desensitivity after a while, and need larger doses - so maybe I can work out some type of cycling to prevent this.