Finding people my age

misst1mammy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello I've been on this forum before with different account but anyway this is my new account I'm 23 and from Newcastle just looking for people around my age just to chat to and talk diabetes cause I will be honest it's a struggle for me and I need to get bk on track x

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi there :) I'm 25 and would like a chat with people near my age too haha can I join in? lol x

Reactions: Juicyj
Hello I've been on this forum before with different account but anyway this is my new account I'm 23 and from Newcastle just looking for people around my age just to chat to and talk diabetes cause I will be honest it's a struggle for me and I need to get bk on track x

Hellooo I'm 22 I've had type 1 for almost 14 years and it's so easy to pretend like you're normal and forget you have diabetes but then reality slaps you in the face and suddenly everything seems like a huge ordeal

maria030660

Dislikes
backstabbers, brocoli and dirt toilets...uggghhhh
i keep dreaming i am 21 again but when i look in the mirror and in my passport.....i could be as old as your mother;)

Kevlar87

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Tomatoes
I''m 30 and been T1 since the age of 7! My younger years and being a teenager was tough - my control was terrible! but for the last 3-4 years I've been really good and I recently went on the DAFNE course and it seriously changed things around for me - carb counting and insulin ratios - really sorted me out!

baffour2057

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi, I'm 24 and I have been a diabetic for 1 and half years. Still struggling with my diets. But God has been good to me.. Yeah He has been good to me. So am still HERE

Michael090382

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Too many to mention
Hi, I am a bit older at 35 but I have been T1 for 29 years now and I'm from Newcastle too. Would be happy to help with anything I can. I always enjoy a friendly chat about almost anything.
If anyone fancies a chat or any help I will do what I can to help.

emma_hughes3

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Hello :) i'm 26 from yorkshire and im the same i would love to chat and be in touch with someone around my age with type 1! i am also struggling to keep myself controlled at the moment. Would love to chat :) xx

Michael090382

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Too many to mention
Hello :) i'm 26 from yorkshire and im the same i would love to chat and be in touch with someone around my age with type 1! i am also struggling to keep myself controlled at the moment. Would love to chat :) xx

Hi emma_hughes3,

I sometimes find that my control seems to waiver and it’s normally when I think I am doing everything I should etc.. it can feel like I run out of ideas as to how I get it back under control. For me this is one of the reasons I joined the forum and decided to post on here. I may have had diabetes for what feels like forever now but I hope chatting to people around similar age ranges will hopefully give me some ideas.

Michael

emma_hughes3

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm up and down with my control, sometimes I seem to get on top then before long it's out of control again Iv just been put on a trial for the freestyle libre, had it fitted yesterday and I love it already! Being able to keep a constant eye on my sugar levels is just what I needed lol

Michael090382

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Too many to mention
I'm up and down with my control, sometimes I seem to get on top then before long it's out of control again Iv just been put on a trial for the freestyle libre, had it fitted yesterday and I love it already! Being able to keep a constant eye on my sugar levels is just what I needed lol

How did you find the sensor to apply and does it feel secure? I work in quite a physical job and I am concerned that it might get knocked off!
How did you go about getting a trial? Just at the moment it doesn't seem to matter what I do, I find my bloods are all over the place!

emma_hughes3

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yeah it went in alright, I have read they can come off before the 2 weeks is over but mine seems stuck on well but Iv only had it on one day lol. Didn't hurt at all when it was put In :)

I got a new nurse and he's helping me a lot to gain control again he ordered the trial pack for me and put the sensor in (I was too scared to haha) I'm hoping I'll be able to get them on proscription when they become available in November but only certain people meet the criteria for them apparently, my nurse reckons I do so fingers crossed! :)

Michael090382

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Too many to mention
Did they mention what sort of criteria it will be? I did think the sensor might hurt mind but if it didnt that is a bonus. was it a diabetic clinic at a hospital you go too or a nurse via the gp? sorry for all the questions but sometimes its better to speak to someone trying it rather than a doctor or nurse etc..

emma_hughes3

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It was through my diabetes team at the hospital and he didn't tell me much about the criteria apart from people with out of control bs was one of them and yeah it was totally pain free! I'll let you know how it feels getting it off lol