Fingers Crossed

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
Perhaps take a printed sheet in of your requirements/needs.
That's what I am going to do when I go for pre op Monday week and will also take a copy when admitted, plus my pump manual.
Glad to hear you are on the mend.

Reactions: 2 people

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Acceptance of health treatment claims that are not adequately supported by evidence. I dislike it when people sell ineffective and even harmful alternative health products to exploit the desperation of people with chronic illness.

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Being type 1, my health and what really grates me are false people who make themselves out to be something when their not
Perhaps take a printed sheet in of your requirements/needs.
That's what I am going to do when I go for pre op Monday week and will also take a copy when admitted, plus my pump manual.
Glad to hear you are on the mend.

Hi CarbsRok
I had printed sheets of medication, blood sugars 2 week's previous, PUMP hourly increments, medical history, They had had copies at all pre-assessments and I took them in with me several copies and a pump manual. Not interested couldn't believe it. Thanks I feel great

Sent from my KFTT using DCUK Forum mobile app

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Acceptance of health treatment claims that are not adequately supported by evidence. I dislike it when people sell ineffective and even harmful alternative health products to exploit the desperation of people with chronic illness.
Hi CarbsRok
I had printed sheets of medication, blood sugars 2 week's previous, PUMP hourly increments, medical history, They had had copies at all pre-assessments and I took them in with me several copies and a pump manual. Not interested couldn't believe it. Thanks I feel great

Sent from my KFTT using DCUK Forum mobile app
How about a one pager with just the most important info that's relevant to what they're doing. You could even laminate it and keep it next to the bed.

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Being type 1, my health and what really grates me are false people who make themselves out to be something when their not
How about a one pager with just the most important info that's relevant to what they're doing. You could even laminate it and keep it next to the bed.

I could but I'm on various, meds , complicated medical history you know the score they just don't take any notice, unless they've asked and written it them selves which is so so annoying:(

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Flowerpot

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Glad to hear your pump did the job and you are safely home and recovering @masonbason63 :)

Were you worried about keeping your pump running with the use of x rays in the theatre? I was going to keep mine running for my last orthopaedic operation but when I spoke to Medtronic about it and knew there were going to be x rays to position the metal in my leg I decided I'd have to opt for a dark ages sliding scale instead - something I really dread having to do.

I've always taken my pump off for x rays and scans, perhaps I'm being over cautious!

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Glad to hear your pump did the job and you are safely home and recovering @masonbason63 :)

Were you worried about keeping your pump running with the use of x rays in the theatre? I was going to keep mine running for my last orthopaedic operation but when I spoke to Medtronic about it and knew there were going to be x rays to position the metal in my leg I decided I'd have to opt for a dark ages sliding scale instead - something I really dread having to do.

I've always taken my pump off for x rays and scans, perhaps I'm being over cautious!

The thought never even crossed my mind that they would x-Ray me for an arthroscopic procedure I don't even know if the did. I know when I have a knee replacement I'll be X-rayed I'll just pass it to one of the team for the few minutes it takes