Fingers

InVegas

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
I get these small patches of irritated skin on my fingers that stick around for a while. They itch a little, and I feel like I need to restrict activity like washing dishes. First time it ever happened was several years ago after I burned my finger on the stove. I have fairly constant foot problems now (dryness, itching, flaking) and numbness in my legs if I don't do stretching exercises for a few days. I didn't have these symptoms until a few years ago, although I mistook the foot issues as Athlete's foot when it was less advanced.

Sound familiar to anyone?

InVegas

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
If the patches are around the joints and start with little bubble thingies that seem full of clear liquid, then this is common in general and may related to not using gloves when washing with chemicals and get worse certain times in the year
They seem to happen around the joint area, and I've noticed bubbling up first. I hand wash everything. Figured it might be similar to the feet and be circulation related, but maybe it's allergies. All about the pancreas. Thanks!

InVegas

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
It's called dishydrosis
Reading up on it. Yep, eczema, allergies. All from the same source. I live in the desert, and it's the end of the triple-digit hot summer plus it's been humid. This is what's happening to my feet, and my doctor told me it was diabetic related and to use a moisturizer that has not helped.

Thanks much. This clears up a lot.

InVegas

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
For moisturizer that doesn't bother me, but does bother folks with tree nut allergies, try cold pressed organic almond oil. It takes a while to rub in but has no , zero, other ingredients. Makes hands nice and soft.

Of course, there is always olive oil, but it can smell more.

I avoid latex already and will continue since this confirms it's a good idea, and have been using "free" or "clear" dish soap and Dove bar soap. I read about olive oil and apple cider vinegar yesterday, and bought fexofenadine anti-histamines this morning. It's war