First BG test at home

MishyUK

Hi All

I brought a Blood Glucose meter today and tested myself this lunch for the first time

Before lunch the reading was 4.8 & 2 hours later my levels had gone up to 7.2

I'm still doing my jogging every weekday morning for about 30 minutes & have cut out as much sugary & fatty food from my diet.

So hopefully that will also help with getting my levels down.

From
Mishy

Karlm

Dislikes
Diabetes.
Well done with the jogging, 30 mins every morning is a great start to the day and so good for you. Personally I think your readings sound fine, there is an ebb and flow of readings through the course of a day, particularly if you have just started to gain more control over diabetes. What this will show you is there may be more tweeking you can do with your food intake; you may even find doing some activity in the evening may help stabilize the levels even further.

Overall you will find a your own particular diet and exercise routine that fits you; also you will find what to avoid and what you can have as a treat without it affecting your readings too much. For me its roast potato's that send my BG levels through the roof!

Hope it all works out for you, keep me updated on your progress!

Grazer

Well done Mishy, but remember it's not just the sugary foods you have to cut down. The fats don't matter from a blood sugar perspective, it's the overall carbohydrates. Sugar is just a very refined carbohydrate. So if you get a reading over, say, 7.8 at the two hour stage, look at the carbs you had in that meal and cut some out the next time.