1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

First gd clinic appointment at 7weeks pg??

Discussion in 'Gestational Diabetes' started by brainlesslittleaurora, Jan 23, 2021.

1. brainlesslittleaurora

I have my first appointment at the clinic when I'm 7 weeks. (Currently 5+1 and 1 previous gd pregnancy.)

Can anyone tell me what I should expect at this appointment?
    I fasted for 2 hours this morning out of curiosity and tested my blood, result being 5.8.
    Thank you ❤️

2. emla_85

emla_85 · Newbie

Hiya, are you normally diabetic or just gd? I’m normally pre diabetic but now have gd. They get you to test and record everything you eat and your levels and will go from there. I did have quite a few bloods taken. They were really informative & helpful.
    Good luck!

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook