First HbA1c since pump

MushyPeaBrain

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
and it's 5.3!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :D :D :D :D :D

Have been on the pump two years now and as some of you will remember I had a very rocky start. At one point I almost quit. After support and help on here I managed to get into a great routine and it's really paying off. Also only one kinked cannula this year!!

So for anyone struggling and wondering whether to stay on my advice would be to keep going. It's so worth it in the end.

michellem

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Wow that's great. Not sure I've ever had one that good, well done! Sounds like its worth the hard work. I'm off to clinic on Monday to ask if I can have pump. Spending the weekend reading NICE guidelines and anything else I can lay my hands on!

mlvarlotta

Congrats.. that is really fantastic! what changes did you make to see such fantastic improvements? My boyfriend is a type 1 diabetic with a pump and as hard as he tries, he can not get his a1c to be below 6.5, which is our dr's goal for him. Please share your success secrets in how you made such a transformation.. we could really use the help!

Sincerely, DM GF

marie.T1

that is really great news :clap: :clap: :clap: i too are really struggling with my bg's hba1c june 15.8, august 10.8 :( i have been referred to different hospital for the pump and i really hope i have a success story like yours . very very well done and keep up the good work x marie