First home test!

Kay-Jay

Hi all,

I was diagnosed T2 in September this year. I’m not sure what my numbers were (have an appointment on Wednesday with Dr and will ask for them after receiving advice on here).

I have just purchased the code free and my first result was 91mg/dl.
This was around 5hrs after lunch (grilled chicken salad) and maybe 45mins after a snack (couple bites of an Aldi Paleo bar).

A quick google search tells me this is normal - however the doctors said my levels were really high. Does this mean I’m managing well?

thanks in advance :)

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
91 (5.1mmol) is quite a good reading. Only caution I’d add is 45 mins after eating something like the bar (how many carbs?) it might still be on its way up. I’d check again at an hour maybe and then again at 2 hrs.

usual testing for a type 2 is before eating and again at 2hrs after starting to eat to make sure it’s back to where it was before eating (or certainly no more than 2mmol higher (36 of your units). If it’s not keep testing til it is. This shows which foods are good and which too carb laden.

Drs will usually be more interested in fasting (waking) numbers as many have no idea how to test the effect of food this way.