First hypo

staceface

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm relatively new type one and also 26 weeks pregnant. On insulin since March. I just had my first hypo. My question is why did I have one? It was around 5 pm. I had lunch tested before, gave insulin and tested again after all results were normal. Then on my way home from work 3-4 hours later on tube I had the hypo. It was hot but I've been hot before. I thought you had hypos when you got your insulin doses wrong? Or are there other reasons? I really want to know so I know if I could have avoided it. Thanks so much!

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
I'll tag @azure as she always gives excellent advice on pregnancy matters and may offer an explanation.

Regards to hypo's in general, sometimes they can happen for no rhyme or reason, to go from March to June without one means you've done extremely well........so well done, but increased activity, heat, too much basal, bolus error and a miscalculation of carbs are the usual culprits but sometimes they do just happen, don't beat yourself up about it if you fail to find the answer. Take care and good luck with the pregnancy.