FIRST NON-MEDS HBA1C

Mandingo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Congratulations, all your hard work has paid off, I'm so very pleased for you.
Daily, I'm encouraged and inspired by you, and so many others on this site.

Again very well done.

Reactions: 5 people
S

Sable_Jan

Great result - mines 39 too but you've turned far more around than I have. Don't know what my original HbA1c was but only in the prediabetic range.... just need to get some more of my weight shifted but happy enough for now.

Reactions: 4 people
S

Sable_Jan

Ahh....Thank you Rod! ! I know for a fact I wouldn't have got this far had I not cone on here and had such great advice and support from all of you from day 1! You all inspired me so I hope I can give some back to someone too :)
Me too - finding this site was the start of getting to grips with diet other than just "not drinking fizzy drinks and cakes" as the practice nurse (not DN) advised AND only after I asked....

Reactions: 6 people

daddys1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yeah Great stuff @kimbo1962 I'm a bit behind the good news, but that is great, hope we can follow you.

Well done.

Neil

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 6 people

Fba

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sounds fantastic! I am new to this forum and just starting on a LCHF diet. Was feeling unsure about the high fat after 30 years of low fat but reading this forum is giving me hope and confidence that this could really work! Why wasn't I told about this diet by the nurse or DR? Where do you get recipe ideas from?

Reactions: 2 people

daddys1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sounds fantastic! I am new to this forum and just starting on a LCHF diet. Was feeling unsure about the high fat after 30 years of low fat but reading this forum is giving me hope and confidence that this could really work! Why wasn't I told about this diet by the nurse or DR? Where do you get recipe ideas from?
Hi & Welcome to the forum, you have come to the right place for help and support and also info on LCHF diet, there is a forum for low carb discussions and recipes etc.

I'm going to tag @daisy1 first so she can send you a long list of information we give to all new members.

You do not say whether you are type 1 or type 2 or how long?
Neil

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.

Hi Fba and welcome to the forum :)

The link to the information daddys1 (Neil) has mentioned to you is contained in my signature. If you need to ask questions I suggest you start a thread for yourself and that way you will get all the information you need on it.

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello and welcome! I was, like most if us, just the same about full fat after years of low cal and low fat!! A lot of what I now eat is simply from having a think of what is low carb, and putting things together - black farmers gluten free sausages with mushrooms and coleslaw, seemed a bit random but quickly became one of my favourites! You will pick up ideas for meals on here, do have a good read around. Hcp's don't tell us because they use the nice guidelines, but, as ive discovered, they enthuse about the results and now seem to be warming to the idea!!

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Congratulations, all your hard work has paid off, I'm so very pleased for you.
Daily, I'm encouraged and inspired by you, and so many others on this site.

Again very well done.
Thank you mandingo - we all inspire and support each other! It's a lovely group

killerkaz

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Aha I have found your thread:) as I said on the other thread you have achieved wonders. It's made me believe even more that I will get off the meds as well. I've changed my lifestyle now I just need to get off my butt and get exercising, that will be more difficult than the lifestyle change:happy:

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Aha I have found your thread:) as I said on the other thread you have achieved wonders. It's made me believe even more that I will get off the meds as well. I've changed my lifestyle now I just need to get off my butt and get exercising, that will be more difficult than the lifestyle change:happy:
I hope you do keep believing you can do it Kaz! My exercise started with walking more then about 6 weeks ago I got my exercise bike and love it! Music on (loud!) And off I go! Does wonders for our bottom half!!

killerkaz

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I hope you do keep believing you can do it Kaz! My exercise started with walking more then about 6 weeks ago I got my exercise bike and love it! Music on (loud!) And off I go! Does wonders for our bottom half!!
Yes it's my bottom half that needs to come into line with my top half. At least I only look 6 months pregnant now as opposed to full term with twins:D

julieemma

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Other
Hblac only 56 d n put me on I met for min at night fb 6.9 had small bowl special k 9.2 is that about right

mat1uk

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
get in lass..... wonderful (pardon my french)

Offensive word deleted. CC

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hblac only 56 d n put me on I met for min at night fb 6.9 had small bowl special k 9.2 is that about right
Hi julieemma- seems your special k is giving you too much of a spike, not many of us can tolerate cereals either. Why not try bacon, eggs etc, carb free and perfect for bs levels

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you for the advice
You are more than welcome! It can seem strange to think bacon is a good option after years of thinking low fat low cal etc! I know find I am satisfied and full until lunch, when in the pre-diagnosis days where I'd had cereal I'd be hungry mid morning!

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
What kind of meals are you having? Do you follow lchf? It's the fats that satisfy and fill without the carbs so no spikes