First provisional licence type 2 Diabetic HELP!!! Please

denbo

DVLA are a bunch of morons! I hate the lot. They're not helpful and extremely slow with simple applications. If I contact diabetes UK how can they help? I already contacted my MP does the MP not have more power over DVLA?=
I wrote to the pm they were ages gettin I touch with me I found diabetes ill helpful as they wrote to the DVLA they support you every step ov the way found them very helpful google it and the number will b there

Reactions: 2 people

GreatGoku

I wrote to the pm they were ages gettin I touch with me I found diabetes ill helpful as they wrote to the DVLA they support you every step ov the way found them very helpful google it and the number will b there
I emailed DIABETICS UK. Can they speed up DVLA work? I mean I have been waiting too long.

Reactions: 2 people

denbo

Mp that shud ov sed
I emailed DIABETICS UK. Can they speed up DVLA work? I mean I have been waiting too long.
if u av left yr telephone number they will get in touch

Anie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My OH has a problem with his eyes and was sent a very stroppy letter from dvla stating that if he didn't make an appointment with (they named the optician ) then he would not be able to drive. He had to do this within 1 month and the letter stated that the optician would not be able to give the result, it had to go to their medical practitioner for a decision. The tone of the letter was appalling.

He didn't ask for the result, but the optician did tell him that he hadn't missed anything so he would be ok, but he still had to wait for the result.

Hope you get your problems sorted out. If not, shout loudly, make a fuss!

Don't dvla have targets to meet? Since 'we' taxpayers are paying?!!!

GreatGoku

I am in the same boat although I am really old. I am quite angry with how the DVLA have treated me as I was sent for eye tests and told it would take six weeks.

My plans have been messed up and I have wasted hours ranting to myself. Looks like a six months wait is possible....
I finally received my provisional :) They sent it within 2 weeks after I contacted my MP about how I was treated and my MP wrote to them and they sent it and apologised.

GreatGoku

My OH has a problem with his eyes and was sent a very stroppy letter from dvla stating that if he didn't make an appointment with (they named the optician ) then he would not be able to drive. He had to do this within 1 month and the letter stated that the optician would not be able to give the result, it had to go to their medical practitioner for a decision. The tone of the letter was appalling.

He didn't ask for the result, but the optician did tell him that he hadn't missed anything so he would be ok, but he still had to wait for the result.

Hope you get your problems sorted out. If not, shout loudly, make a fuss!

Don't dvla have targets to meet? Since 'we' taxpayers are paying?!!!
I finally received my provisional :) They sent it within 2 weeks after I contacted my MP about how I was treated and my MP wrote to them and they sent it and apologised.

denbo

Yes they take their time I ad to wait 10 mths get my hgv bk and 7mths to renew it this time they surely do not rush I wrote to my mp emailed the chief exc and write to government bout them that did the trick as it's government run anyway

denbo

Probably emailing mr Morley might do the trick they certainly don't rush I sat get more staff on then it's always the same sinario when u ring they av a back log well work Saturdays then I say