First Review Of Hba1c

macdeut

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So it hardly seems any time since I was given this diagnosis with Hba1c of 98.
3 months on and latest results today Hba1c is 51. This has been diet and exercise only no meds.
Doctor seemed really surprised it had dropped so much with no medical intervention.
I am not as low carb as many folk on here but have reduced mine and tried to cut out the sweet stuff as much as possible.
Next target for three months time is to get below the recommended 48 which should be doable.

Reactions: 4 people

Salvia

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done on achieving such a good reduction in your number in such a short time. Your next target should be a piece of cake (figuratively speaking, that is) :)

macdeut

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for that, it was definitely worth pushing for three months with no meds to see how things went.

Heretic1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes!
So it hardly seems any time since I was given this diagnosis with Hba1c of 98.
3 months on and latest results today Hba1c is 51. This has been diet and exercise only no meds.
Doctor seemed really surprised it had dropped so much with no medical intervention.
I am not as low carb as many folk on here but have reduced mine and tried to cut out the sweet stuff as much as possible.
Next target for three months time is to get below the recommended 48 which should be doable.
@macdeut
I think we are birds of s feather. I'm a month or so ahead of you and my 'start point' was 97. I'm not on meds, or as LC as some in here, but defiinately 'carb conscious' - I managed a 44 this time - just 2 points into the zone!! .... next time! :)
Well done you - great start.

Reactions: 2 people

Hiitsme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done @macdeut
Great progress and hope you continue for even better results next time.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done! That is a brilliant turn around, and if you have managed it without going hardcore LC, then all the better! :D will make it easier in the long run. :)