I thought it was a ....PIZZA !

LOL !!!

Congratulations!!!

AdamJames

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Cheers for the comments, still buzzing today as I walked into work and told them I was off the Metformin tablets. As I’m a train driver diabetes is a big problem so it was good to stroll in and give them the good news.

I’ve celebrated tonight with a Chorizo and Cod omelette
b07f9ae4b2adecd6e62d3ed9a0e52ab6.jpg

Brilliant stuff! These food pictures are killing me though. At least they've reminded me to get some chorizo in!

Trippyarsenal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I thought it was a ....PIZZA !

LOL !!!

Congratulations!!!

You can actually make some great pizza’s using omelettes as a base, try the Tom Kerridge ‘Dopamine diet’ book as thats where I got the idea from

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You can actually make some great pizza’s using omelettes as a base, try the Tom Kerridge ‘Dopamine diet’ book as thats where I got the idea from
Ah yes Tom before he went over to the dark side of calorie restriction.

masonap

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Celebrity pop stars, football.
In October 2017 I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, High Cholesterol and clinically obese.......... I was put on metformin 1x500mg per day and a low dose of Losartan.

I also have a bulging disc so exercise is a problem ( hence weight gain ) but have found walking football has been really good for me.

Whilst it wasn’t a shock to be diagnosed as such as I had ballooned to nearly 22 stone it gave me a kick up the back side, my first point of call was this forum which led me into adopting a low carb diet, I haven’t posted before but did use the words of others for inspiration and so I want to pass my results on incase it can help others - I have to say I’ve never eaten so well and not had any periods of hunger etc

Anyway I went for my first check up today and the results have blown me away

HbA1c - Down from 50 to 39
Weight Loss - 3 stone 12lbs
Waistline - Loss of 7 inches
Blood pressure -120/74
Cholesterol - 7.9 down to 5.1

To say I’m over the moon is an understatement and I realise the hard work starts now as I need to continue the weight loss and increase my fitness but I’ve proved to myself with the right attitude anything is possible.

Well done. I went on low carb and lost about 3 stone, and several inches off my waistline. I walk every day, up to 90 minutes and I'm sure that this has also made a difference. I'm not particularly sporty but walking football does appeal to me. Keep it up, it is worth all the effort.

Reactions: Trippyarsenal

Charly1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Congrats I was diagnosed in October 2017 with a HBA1C of 65 just accessed my new test results and HbA1C down to 41! I have lost 31lbs and 4 inches of my waist. 1 x 500mg metformin twice daily and looking forward to seeing the DN on the 23rd hopefully to reduce it. Achieved through lowish carbs highish fats but hope to continue to lose another 2 stone and keep control of my diabetes. I don’t think it goes away just sits there waiting to hit you if you go back to old ways

Reactions: Concordjan

rab5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My Diabetic nurse
what a fantastic result..... its posts ;ike this that have kept me going. As a newbie they are the prods that I sometimes need.

well done.. INSPIRATIONAL!

Reactions: Trippyarsenal

Trippyarsenal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well done. I went on low carb and lost about 3 stone, and several inches off my waistline. I walk every day, up to 90 minutes and I'm sure that this has also made a difference. I'm not particularly sporty but walking football does appeal to me. Keep it up, it is worth all the effort.

Really worth seeing if they have a walking football near you, it’s really good fun, competitive but played in a god spirit and I average about 5-6km per game so keeps you moving