Type 2 First Review

klogs17

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all. I have my first 3 monthly diabetic review beginning of December. I’ve only been asked to bring a urine sample with me. Is it just a new set of bloods/urine/BP check?

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Hi all. I have my first 3 monthly diabetic review beginning of December. I’ve only been asked to bring a urine sample with me. Is it just a new set of bloods/urine/BP check?
Usually you should have feet checked as well and maybe a doppler check of ankle pulse. I would add if on Gliclazide it might be well to be a little carefull with your low carb experiment as Glic increases insulin output from pancreas and can cause hypoglicemic episodes so if going low carb I would advise you to check your blood sugars regularly to make sure you are not going too low.

Reactions: klogs17

klogs17

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Usually you should have feet checked as well and maybe a doppler check of ankle pulse. I would add if on Gliclazide it might be well to be a little carefull with your low carb experiment as Glic increases insulin output from pancreas and can cause hypoglicemic episodes so if going low carb I would advise you to check your blood sugars regularly to make sure you are not going too low.

Thank you for the reply. Nurse stopped my Gliclazide after just under two weeks from diagnosis due to levels dropping too low and a couple of wobbles.

I also check levels frequently and all seems tickety-boo (hopefully).

Last edited: