First time in my lifetime

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
I woke up to snow this morning. Apparently it's the first time in 70 years that snow has fallen here in October. I'm at the Western edge of Reading ( last house but 2 from the borough line) and getting ready to go for a health walk.
I did one yesterday, about 3 miles across theThames Valley at Goring . Glorious sunshine and some of the prettiest scenery in the South of England. I took the slightly easier walk option, because the harder one was going to go up the 1/4 mile of steps on the South side of the river, to avoid cows with calves. I'm not good at hills, so settled for the gentler one on the other side of the river. I'm getting better. I used always to be "tail end charlie", but now I'm up with the fastest. Health walks are great. Exercise combined with being social

gillyh

Dislikes
arrogant drivers/people, ill mannered people, cruelty to people and animals, condescention
Earliest I've known for snow here too. Dreading travelling by bus as englands roads grinds almost to a halt whenever snow appears.

cjohnson

Dislikes
Spiders and other similar creepy crawlies
In North Yorks and no snow yet - was brilliant sunshine and blue skies until about 30 mins ago (when I stepped outside of the building :!: ) now raining :)

gillyh

Dislikes
arrogant drivers/people, ill mannered people, cruelty to people and animals, condescention
Clear skies and no snow today thankfully. Fingers crossed yesterday was a one off. Miracles do happen, don't they? :? :?:

cavelioness

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
I remember the wonderful drifting snow we used to have in South Wales. Would be buried at times it was great especially on the hills.

Chris.T

Yes you have and we don't. Yesterday in the Midlands was horrid sitting at work watching the snow falling.My garden this morning looked like a winter wonderland very pretty ,the roads where all clear on my 12 miles to work untill I pulled into the car park and slid .I love the snow as long as I don't have to leave the house. How do other people feel :roll:

:p

gillyh

Dislikes
Love the snow too as long as I don't have to move out of the house/garden!! Travelling to and from work is hell!! :evil: :|

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
It took me an age to de-ice the car yesterday, but I did get to my health walk and the group did about 3.5 miles along the Kennet and Avon canal. I got a couple of nice photos on my phone.

IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
Chris.T said:
Yes you have and we don't. Yesterday in the Midlands was horrid sitting at work watching the snow falling.My garden this morning looked like a winter wonderland very pretty ,the roads where all clear on my 12 miles to work untill I pulled into the car park and slid .I love the snow as long as I don't have to leave the house. How do other people feel :roll:

:p
Keep the snow on the Christmas cards & mountain tops. :wink:

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Coming home from work this morning ,talk about 'white knuckle ride' !!The gritters had not been out and,coming down a twisting very steep hill covered in black ice is adrenaline inducing to say the least!!When we got to the bottom of the hill,what did we meet? The gritter,just starting up the hill....too b***** late!!!

gillyh

Dislikes
'sods law'? Everything always turns up late? Or not at all? :wink: