First time monitoring

Flamingo74

I have bought a monitor and used for the first time today.

It arrived after breakfast so first reading 2 hours post breakfast was 5.7 (late breakfast/brunch). Pre evening meal was still 5.7 rising to 6.1 after 2 hours. Food was typical of what I would normally have.

Have also swam and walked today and pottered in the garden.

Hoping to keep within those ranges.

T2 diabetes, diagnosed approx two months ago with a Hba1c of 106. Trying really hard with diet and loosing weight. Metformin 500mg x 1 daily.

Last edited:
Reactions: Juicyj

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Those are pretty amazing levels to be getting after only 2 months especially when your diagnosis HbA1c was 102.. impressive work indeed on getting levels in the 5's! Took me about 6 months...

1spuds

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Have also swam and walked today and pottered in the garden
I like to think thats the most important part....:rolleyes: :D
Congrats to you,and lucky you,what a fine response!I look forward to your being off meds soon too with the progress youve shown. :playful:

Flamingo74

Not quite as good this morning pre-breakfast and post 14 hr fast. 7.1 - will see how the rest of the week goes.

M

Member496333

Amazing numbers after such a short period of time from triple-figure diagnosis! You should be proud of your achievement. And also well done for getting a meter and empowering yourself.

Don’t worry too much just now if you see rising glucose when fasting. That’s just your body purging decades of sugar that was previously crammed-in. Stick to the plan and all will be well in the fullness of time.

Reactions: Flamingo74

Flamingo74

Amazing numbers after such a short period of time from triple-figure diagnosis! You should be proud of your achievement. And also well done for getting a meter and empowering yourself.

Don’t worry too much just now if you see rising glucose when fasting. That’s just your body purging decades of sugar that was previously crammed-in. Stick to the plan and all will be well in the fullness of time.

Thank you - that really helps

M

Member496333

Thank you - that really helps

Sure thing. You’re doing a great job.

Remember that hyperinsulinemia has been keeping your sugar locked up in tissues for years, as your insulin levels fall, the sugar spills back out into the blood. This is a good thing, so don’t be disheartened when you experience it. It means your body is cleansing itself of the toxic sugar burden that was previously being held back by insulin. Keep burning it off, don’t put any more in, and you’ll be fine in no time :D

Reactions: Flamingo74