First Time To The Dentist

Charlottee

Hello!
I am going first time to the dentist, how much do they charge? Is there NHS support?
Also, my lower front tooth protrudes giving me headaches sometimes, is it possible to fix it for free?
thanks!

luceeloo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello!
I am going first time to the dentist, how much do they charge? Is there NHS support?
Also, my lower front tooth protrudes giving me headaches sometimes, is it possible to fix it for free?
thanks!

The NHS has three different bands of charges: £19.70, £53.90, and £233.70.
The first band is for basic check up, scale, polish etc. The second band is for intermediate treatment like fillings, extractions etc. The third band is for more in depth treatment, like crowns etc.

I think that if you are in full time education or get certain benefits, then you can get free treatment. If not, then unfortunately you have to pay the full costs.

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
very costly i must admit.... you would think we could get help with the costs being diabetic and past 70 years of age but nooooo

luceeloo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
very costly i must admit.... you would think we could get help with the costs being diabetic and past 70 years of age but nooooo

I think that Diabetics should get help towards the cost of dental treatment, because our disease actually affects our gum and teeth health. I had to have 8 back teeth taken out last year, and had to pay nearly £250 for the privilege. I'm certain than if I wasn't diabetic, I wouldn't have had any problems with my teeth.

Salvia

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I had one tooth taken out earlier this year, and it cost be £105 !! Since the tooth was very loose, and almost falling out by itself, I felt more than a little miffed at the cost. So, 8 teeth for about £250 seems like a reasonable deal by comparison (well, if having to have 8 teeth extracted could be regarded as a reasonable deal in any circs). Like you, all the teeth I have lost have been OK & healthy - my problem has been with gum issues and loss of bone structure over the years, which caused my teeth to become loose.

bonus

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Compare those prices from 5 years ago with current prices:eek: . I need root canal and crown x 2/3 . Very scared :nailbiting: