first trip to clinic

squirrel50

Type of diabetes
Type 1
went to the clinic for the first time.was given a meter and loadsof leaflets my reading was 10.6 which was two hours after meal nurse said was ok..i asked why i was put on medication straight away and she said the doc wants me to be blasted to get me fit for my hip operation...well came away confused as i only had te minutes and have to go back next week for longer appointment,,she said i will have an appointment made at the ritin eye place then podiatrist and then i left,,sat in the car with all this stuff and felt really down..is this natural to feel like this..this last cuple of years has been so bad.....son died husband left me daughter went wild..and to top it all off my cooker has broken....dont know if i can coppe with all this stuff..feel very alone..
i

Cameraman

Dislikes
Rude or ignorant people
I'm sure its quite normal to feel down with all the stuff happening to you. Have a rant on here it'll do you good, sounds like what you need is someone to talk to and maybe go out with. I don't mean a boyfriend, just a friend to chat to and a change of scenery.

chocoholic

Hi squirrel. It sounds as though you have had more than your fair share of things to cope with and probably the diabetes seems like the last straw. Most of us went through a spell of feeling a bit down after diagnosis but the great thing is that you've found this site early on and i hope you'll find, as I did, that folk on here are enormously helpful and supportive.
If you have questions you want to ask, there is always someone on here with the knowledge and advice to help you through, so stay with us. Hopefully the diabetes will be one thing that you can get under control more quickly than you anticipate.
All the best, choccie.

cavelioness

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
I didnt get an appointment with a podiatrist.....no fair :shock:

jeenie1940

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Squirrel , welcome to the forum, sorry to hear you have been having some bad times the great thing is that you've found this site early on and i hope you'll find, as I did, that folk on here are enormously helpful and supportive.