Fitbit and librelink

sjm1308

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've seen lots of diabetics on Instagram using an apple watch to view their bgs through librelink. I'm an android user and was wondering if anyone has used a fitbit to do the same? I've been thinking on investing for monitoring my sleep and steps but if it was able to link to the librelink app it would give me a push.

Reactions: Fati1

MisterMints

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've seen lots of diabetics on Instagram using an apple watch to view their bgs through librelink. I'm an android user and was wondering if anyone has used a fitbit to do the same? I've been thinking on investing for monitoring my sleep and steps but if it was able to link to the librelink app it would give me a push.

You can't link your Fitbit up directly with LibreLink unfortunately - it just doesn't work that way.

You need to invest in a 3rd party transmitter (the MiaoMiao is my preferred option) and then an app, depending on what kind of smart phone you have (Spike for iOS, xDrip or Glimp for Android) to send the glucose data to your watch.

Not all Fitbits are compatible though. I can't remember off the top of my head, but I think you need a Fitbit Ionic. If you're on Facebook, have a search for the Libre Geeks group - lots of friendly, helpful people in there that give lots of tech support on the devices that work and how to get them set up.

I wear my data on my Garmin like this:

garmin-xdrip.jpg