Type 2 Fitness watches/devices

woollygal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coffee diabetes
Which fitness devices do you guys recommend?

I’ve had jawbone (which annoyed me as it automatically increased goals whether it was realistic or not) then I had Fitbit charge. Better.

But which ones do you use? Recommend?

I prefer ones which are more specific to me. No point increasing my step page if I have an extra long day in car. Doesn’t motivate me at all as it’s not going to happen.

brassyblonde900

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Very interested.
My Ssmart Dynamo is so hit or miss, I have since resorted to using the Runtastic app for my fitness walks.
I don't want the apple watch. (The know too much about me as it is):playful:

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Cana - I think you have to be clear exactly what you want from a device like that. I wear and have worn such a tracker for almost a year now and quite like it.

I initially bought it to track my sleep, but it's actually not super-accurate in that it has me "sleep through" various things, including getting up to make tea in the morning!

The activity tracker is quite amazing, in that it doesn't quite get gardening, and I can easily clock up many thousands of "steps" when hoeing.

In essence, it gives me an overview and it's useful sometimes to look back and see how active/sedentary I have been, in general terms, over a day/week or whatever. It can be set to auto-adjust my targets, or not.

About the best thing, valuable every day from the watch is it's pairing my phone, so whether I have my phone in my hand or not, or even when it's on mute, I know if I have any new messages or calls, due to the buzz on my wrist.

We've both recently been looking at Apple watches, but can't decide if the additional functionality is worth the cash.

If you know exactly what you want, then it's easier to create a shortlist.

Harebrain

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I originally wanted to check my sleep as I was worried I wasn't getting enough (turned out I was). I still wear one, currently a fitbit charge 2. Records my sleep and heart rate as well as steps etc. Didn't want a watch as I wouldn't wear a watch at night .

D

Deleted Account

I use a Mi FitBand (https://www.amazon.co.uk/Xiaomi-Miband-Fitness-Bracelet-Display-Black-x/dp/B01GS1ODPM ... available elsewhere too).
This is one of the most accurate for counting steps, is small and discrete, the battery lasts 3 or 4 weeks (longer than many) and is cheap.
You need a smartphone app for setting it up (target steps, etc.) and tracing anything longer than 1 day. I use mine to maintain an average of 10K steps per day.
I have had mine for 3 years and been very happy with it.