Flaxseed Oil

A

Anonymous

I have been taking Flaxseed Oil as a recommended remedy for dry skin around my face. It does appear to be helping, but I want some reassurance that it's not bad for me in other ways before I buy another pot.

I take 4000mg per day (morning and evening). It contains Flaxseed Oil (Linseed Oil), Modified starch, Gylcerine, Carrageenan, Di-Sodium Phosphate.

Any views ?

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
HI :)

Linseed is highly recommended, I buy the Linseed and grind the seeds in our coffee grinder. Then use about 2 spoonful's over my breakfast.
The seeds should be ground so you can gain all its goodness.
Now all my family enjoy adding ground seeds to their meals. Its also good exercise for my arms when using the grinding machine.

enjoy :D Roy

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the link phoenix - I can't see anything in there that should worry me particularly, though no mention of any benefits to the skin either. Isn't it Linseed that you rub in to cricket bats? Could give a nice tinge to my complexion.

WhitbyJet

swimmer - flaxseed oil is good for the skin, and all sorts of other health benefits as well, its a good thing to take.

But what wd really well for my dry skin, is coconut oil (I cook/bake with it, take it off the spoon as well) I rub a small amount into my skin, doesnt leave a greasy film at all, I alternate this with Organic Manuka Honey Lotion from Holland and Barrett.

A

Anonymous

Thanks Whitby I will get hold of some of the coconut oil and try that, but will probably continue with the flaxseed as well.

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
You can buy pure flax-seed oil in a bottle, no additives, and take it by the teaspoonful. The bottle has to be kept in the fridge (dark and cool) 'cos it oxidises very quickly.

It keeps the innards well-lubricated too, should you ever have those problems! :wink:

My local green-grocer sells it, or search on the net.

Viv 8)