Flu for 4 weeks can't shift it at all any ideas folks ???

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Viruses are taking around 6 weeks to clear up according to my GP.... Diabetics because of our impaire immine system can take even longer.

Just try and make sure that if you aren't eating properly that you take a good multi vitamin to try n boost your body nourishment..

david6026

Thanks been trying all sorts to get rid of it and nothing working so will try taking vitamins aswell c how I get on lol

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Thanks been trying all sorts to get rid of it and nothing working so will try taking vitamins aswell c how I get on lol

My cold started on 28th Dec last year and went on till June with just 7 days without it in that time, so I do sympathise..

Unfortunately I do always take vitamins with or without colds but do know that whatever non diabetics get and shake off in 2 weeks, it can take us diabetics a lot longer..

julifriend

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have something similar. I've had a cold since early November and it's just not moving. I still have the streaming eyes and runny nose and it's downright annoying. I've even wondered if it might be an allergic reaction to something or other, but anti-histamines haven't reduced the symptoms at all. Oh, I guess it'll sort itself out in time.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
People (non diabetics) are certainly taking ages to get over stuff this year. Doesn't help that they come into work and spread it around!

Mind you, if it was actually the influenza virus, rather than the cold virus, then a 4 + week recovery is fair.

I think it's just a case of taking care of yourself and resting as much as possible.

Hope it shifts soon!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 people
A

AnnieC

I have something similar. I've had a cold since early November and it's just not moving. I still have the streaming eyes and runny nose and it's downright annoying. I've even wondered if it might be an allergic reaction to something or other, but anti-histamines haven't reduced the symptoms at all. Oh, I guess it'll sort itself out in time.
That sounds like Rhianitis
That sounds like Rhinitis it is a bit like hayfever but can be any time of the year. I suffer from that myself mostly when I first get up in the morning but can be any time I will sneeze a lot have a really runny nose just like having a cold but after about 1 to 2 hours it will stop

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Have you tried Echinacea I take Echinaforce when I have a cold and it seems to help
CAROL

Reactions: 2 people