Flu Jab

coco44

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi I have had 3 flu injections since being diagnosed with Type 1 three years ago. My previous 2 injections produced no adverse side effects (not even raised blood sugars). This year I had my injection on 9th October and ever since I have had a toothache like pain and lots of stiffness in my left shoulder. Has anyone else experienced this by any chance after having their flu jab or could it be just coincidence, thanks Carole

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I've been having flu jabs since I can remember. I've had two bad reactions. One where my entire left arm became sore and my shoulder was incredibly stiff and a second where my shoulder around the injection site was very sore. Sometimes it happens!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I have had pain in the injected arm, felt like someone had whacked it and also two days of higher BS. This year I had the jab at the top of my buttock, and no pain or any affects at all.:happy: So next year I will ask for the same location, as it was much better for me.

RRB :)

coco44

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi thanks for those replies. I found an NHS Choices' feedback site and it appears that this year the flu jab has ben attributed with some more bizarre effects than usual. Two effects which cropped up quite frequently were peculiar psychotic thoughts and hallucinations! My shoulder is no better. :(

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Not had any bad reactions, but this years jab left my arm sore for several days, still a sore arm is better than getting flu any day.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
I have no clue ha! The past few times I have had them I ended up with flu symptoms except for this year I was absolutely fine!

Some people do say they get flu like symptoms Nicola, my late father was one of them, tbh I've never really had any major issues and I've had the jab for several years now.

Reactions: 2 people