Fluctuations in the morning

bigsi1984

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Hi,

Got my blood test done on the 26th April. Hba1c 82. Doctor asked me to go for a fasting blood test on 4th May and Hba1c 78.

Doctor told me I probably have type 2 and when I asked if I can reduce that number on the Hba1c she said 'Unlikely, you need to see the diabetic nurse and get meds'.

Needless to say I was annoyed and deflated but perked up after finding this forum. I'm still waiting to see the diabetic nurse (30th May) but I've done the following:

Bought a glucose monitor
Changed my diet
Started the gym

I feel awesome and using the mySugr app I'm seeing really positive results for my predicted Hba1c.

Anyway, to the point; my spot testing had been steadily improving but I've noticed an odd change the last few days. Initially I was getting readings of around 7 early in the morning (5am) and similar readings before breakfast at around 7am. Typically I go to the gym in this window.

The last few days I've seen readings more around 6.5 upon waking and then more like 7 to 7.5 come breakfast time. Weather the gap has been 2 hours or 30 minutes. Any idea what might have caused this?

Thanks

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Could be a liver dump , your body pumping out energy for the activity ahead.
Sounds like you are doing well though.

Reactions: bigsi1984