Flying with an insulin pump

Faith*

Dislikes
Arrogant/unhelpful people. Spiders/bugs basically anything with 6-8 legs. Creeps me out.
Hate mud unless I'm camping oddly
quick question - for the resevoirs and insertion sets do you just take the whole box with you in your carry on bag. I'm going to Tenerife on Sunday for 2 weeks so thought I'd just put a box of resevoirs and insertion sets in with my insulin, meter, injection, needles etc Will they let me go through if i have my lancets in a see through plastic bag or does it have to be in a box with your prescription name on it?

MattyK

If I were you I'd see if your doctor will give you a letter detailing what it is and why you need it. To be honest, they didn't make a fuss in UK but abroad it may help.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Riri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The conservative party, people who are cruel to animals and aggressive people
Hia Faith, I've carried mine in their box in my hand luggage without a problem and last time I was overly cautious of them not being squashed so I transferred them over to a plastic sandwich box with those clip tops. No problems carrying them like this either.

I'm getting a bit confused with earlier posts - I know that the pumps are not to go through the X-ray conveyor belt thing where your hand luggage goes but I understood you can walk through the metal detector arch? Am I right? Again, they're not to go through the full body scanners that they have in some airports like Manchester. Hope I've understood this right.

Faith*

Dislikes
Arrogant/unhelpful people. Spiders/bugs basically anything with 6-8 legs. Creeps me out.
Hate mud unless I'm camping oddly
Yes I'm picking up my letter tonight from my DSN and she's going to talk to me about it all. I just wasn't sure whether you were meant to keep things in there boxes or in plastic bags loose. I'm just going to take the boxes with me. At least it's all in one place then and they fit quite nicely in my hand luggage.

I believe I can go through the metal detectors but anything else I can't. I've a letter from Medtronic too saying not to go through scanners etc

Fingers crossed ey, I can't wait now though :D