Flying with Diabetes.

TommyB2405

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I think I posted my earlier topic in the wrong place, so here it is in the right place I hope :p

Hi there :)

I'm going away to Tenerife in 2 weeks and I was wondering about Diabetes and Flying. My departure flight is around the time I would normally inject so I was thinking about delaying it a little and doing it as soon as I land. I still don't feel confident doing it in front of people and don't really want to head into the toilets to do it as it is such a small space. Any tips and advice would be appreciated.

Y3MBailey

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Remember while not ideal you can always inhect happily through a tshirt if its the getting your naked flesh out thing that worries you.

In situations like this though I usually just move my 24 hours injection slightly. as it being off by an hour or so never seems to have many issues.

TommyB2405

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Remember while not ideal you can always inhect happily through a tshirt if its the getting your naked flesh out thing that worries you.

In situations like this though I usually just move my 24 hours injection slightly. as it being off by an hour or so never seems to have many issues.

I do my injections in my legs so I don't really want to pull my pants down (even if it is only down a little bit) to inject. The timing of my evening injection would only be 2 hours later than usual so I could move earlier injections to a later time and make sure I have dinner before boarding the plane.

Y3MBailey

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I do my injections in my legs so I don't really want to pull my pants down (even if it is only down a little bit) to inject. The timing of my evening injection would only be 2 hours later than usual so I could move earlier injections to a later time and make sure I have dinner before boarding the plane.

Ive done injections through jeans before now..... not ideal but again doable in a situation where it is necessary

Deadpool

Do u inject into your stomach? If so swap the injection spots around. So you have the injection in the thigh in the morning and the evening one in the stomach. That's what I would do.

Y3MBailey

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I rotate between stomach and legs... legs when im in private stomach when im out and about...

TommyB2405

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I've never injected into my stomach in the 6 years I've had Diabetes... How different is it from injecting in your legs? Does it absorb differently? Sorry about the questions.

Deadpool

Not that I was told I've been diagnosed since December of last year and have been told to inject in both just alternate the place u in inject

Y3MBailey

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've never injected into my stomach in the 6 years I've had Diabetes... How different is it from injecting in your legs? Does it absorb differently? Sorry about the questions.

No different just means yo have a different place to inject plus i find its easier

TommyB2405

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Ahh okay, that could be my solution then as I have a late flight coming home so no change as to the time I inject :) thanks for the help!!