Dislikes
The cold
Hi all,

Little advice needed please.

Normal day food consists of very similar, low/no carb meals
No breakfast
Lunch- tuna/chicken salads
Dinner- meat and veg

Occasionally have to odd pizza if I'm having a lazy day but other than that I'm pretty strict with the diet. I gym 4/5 days a week and find controlling my insulin and levels quite easy.

Advice needed for my random fun days at the weekend. Example, this Saturday I was invited to Independence day celebrations on a US Base, so little carnival vibe, rides, music, beers, BBQ foods etc etc

Picture shows:
Arriving at 4ish and heading straight to BBQ for pulled pork roll, corn dog and sweet potato fries and a bottle beer with levels going to 14ish, which gradually dropped back towards 10ish

Continued on a bottle of beer an hour and later on went for a bratwurst hotdog and 3x churros covered in cinnamon sugar and Nutella dip at this point I got confused as my sugars then dropped within range without taking any insulin for the carbs that whole day....but as you can see levels rose in the night towards 12.

Normally carb count, Inject 10-1 units to carbs etc but this day I decided not to take my insulin and just see how I get on.

Now I don't see that being too bad considering the amount of food I ate and it doesn't happen that often that I'm out all day without taking insulin for food.

So I guess how do people handle these situations?
Do you ALWAYS inject for what you eat or allow for the basel insulin to do its job and eat/drink, then correct when home or in the morning?

Thank you
Joe
Screenshot_20210627-144847.jpg