Food diary advice wanted

JenniferW

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have the Accu Chek Mobile but only use it as a spare in emergencies because the replacement cassettes are exorbitant. £25 for 50 strips retail from pharmacies, about half that or less on eBay. However, the meter itself is very convenient and more user-friendly because of the cassette for the strips, meaning you don't have to handle the strips and the whole kit comes as one piece, so easier to carry round. I just can't afford to use it regularly so stick to my Codefree.

Thanks for all those comments - I never got as far as being able to see the price before getting hit by the loop in the system.

poohtiggy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Getting old and diabetese
Personal choice of course but you have to consider the whole price of running a meter and the Codefree is, I think about £12 .99 that's for the meter 5 test strips and a few lancets. The strips cost around 6.99 for 50 and you can buy five boxes for £25 with code 264086 giving a saving of around £10 so well worth it. I think a box of lancets is £5 for 100 and lots of people use the lancet a few times before changing it. Good luck in your choice

JenniferW

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
From browsing through what's available, so far, I'm finding only a few meters available on this website. For those few, price comparison's easy. What does anyone recommend for other places for buying them - or do I just have to settle down and search, search, search?

poohtiggy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Getting old and diabetese
Are you looking at the initial outlay? The codefree would cost a total of £42 ie: meter..5 boxes of strips and a box of lancets. After the initial purchace you would only need to replace the test strips depending on how many times you plan to test. If you only order one box of strips the cost would be £25 all include p.p. most people use this meter because of the cheaper cost of replacement strips, it's a good and handy sized meter. Home Health is a reliable company and remember, if you order to make sure you tick the box 'yes I Am diabetic' as it makes you VAT exempt

JenniferW

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Are you looking at the initial outlay? .....
At the moment I'm going round and round in circles over which meter to buy because the range seems so big. I'm reading the reviews on this website, but it feels as bad as choosing a replacement laptop (etc)!