Food Diary

Suffolk gal

Hi, I'm working hard at keeping a food diary of all I eat, listing carbs and fat especially. I'm using carbs & calorie counter book to help work out the sums. I'm keeping the carbs to around 100 per day, working to get it down further still. What fat figure should I aim for?
Although I'm not overweight and exercise daily I also have high blood pressie, high cholesterol and a swollen foot which the consultant thinks is probably due to lymphedema.
I would appreciate knowing where I should be re fat intake.

lindijanice

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hey @Suffolk gal welcome to the Forum. The amount of fat you should aim for is pretty individual, depending on how your body tolerates fats.....If you are going to do a keto diet, the fat intake is something like 70%, 20% protein and 10%carbs.....Your should eat enough fat to feel satiated, it helps in keeping you feeling fuller longer....so experiment a bit and see how you do. You will get plenty of fat through eating fattier meats like bacon, ham, burgers, salmon - a fattier fish - cheeses, full fat dairy - do not eat lowered fat dairy as full of carbs! Trust that helps - oh and who can forget butter??!! Add it to your vegetables, olive oil on your salads, etc.....cooking with coconut oil....as you can see, you don't have to add more fat than what your normal eating will provide....Cheers/L