Food for Russian diabetic

kementary

Hello everyone. My name is Anna, I'm from Russia. I want to ask for advice. We in Russia are very few high-quality products for diabetics. That there is, is expensive. Chocolate, cookies, candy and other small pleasures - or have no taste, or simply unavailable for most diabetics, but we are many. I myself am a diabetic and sometimes just leaving the store with nothing, and from other countries cite a suitcase full of really tasty food, which I can eat.
Please advise where can I go to adjust the delivery of diabetic products to Russia? We have the market there are only a few large foreign companies, it is not enough. I hope for your help!

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. In the UK although there are foods labelled specially for diabetics, most of us do not buy them as they are often not really low carb. It may be more difficult for you in Russia, but try to buy foods that have a low carb content such as fruit and vegetables. Meat is fine of course. Try to keep potato intake at sensible levels as well as bread and pasta. Beans and pulses are generally good and if bread made from wholemeal flour etc is available then choose that. If you can buy dark chocolate such as 70% or higher then that is great but obviously it may be expensive and not easily available.