Food ideas

djry

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi I'm still struggling with foods to eat can anyone give me a list of foods they eat/ meal ideas to help me. my blood sugar levels have come down alot but I'm still finding myself hungry all the time specially at night time!! thanks

snidge

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
exercise, winter driving, waiting (for anything)
I was just thinking the same thing and found a series of threads right at the bottom of the forum list. Hopefully we can get some ideas for new things to eat, though 'same old, same old' has its merits too! I go along good, then I fall off the wagon because I've run out of ideas.

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/category/food-nutrition-and-recipes.3/

S

Sean01

Hi I'm still struggling with foods to eat can anyone give me a list of foods they eat/ meal ideas to help me. my blood sugar levels have come down alot but I'm still finding myself hungry all the time specially at night time!! thanks
Hello
background T2 Oct 15, ex competitive strength athlete but back in the gym after a long lay off. Also a Biology graduate and always on the look out for ideas that will help deal with the psychological aspects.

Tip - eat your evening meal with chopsticks. It slows you down and makes the meal last longer. It maybe that your evening hunger is partly down to boredom - doing nothing with your hands. Try something that will distract you/keep your mind occupied - watching people eat/drink on tv wont help

Diet: I've always found that carbs mademe hungry. Nothing made me feel more hungy than a giant bowl of pasta!

What I eat currently (routine works for me)
4:55 a.m. in the gym
6.00: breakfast: 1 whole egg and 5 egg whites omelette with spinach or garlic and tomatoes. Black coffee
10 ish - snack: nuts and black tea
12 - lunch: as per breakfast, black tea/black coffee
4 ish - snack: nuts and black tea. If I'm flagging I might have diet coke.
6: as per breakfast
8 ish - back in the gym
9 two tins or sardines, veg, (leeks, celery, spinach, onions, peppers), beans (bean casserole (chick peas, kidney beans, butter beans and baked beans with tomatoes and chilli pwder
Water. lots of water - to flush the kidneys
Supplements: chilli powder and garlic - nothing else, not even a vitamin C

Treats: the occasional crumpet (Kermit sized), bacon at the week end. I eat more fish at the week end (lunch), rye bread, a few grapes, a yoghurt. Roast lamb or Roast beef on Sundays.

It works. I'm stronger than I ever was when I was younger (now level 51 grand master), blood pressure is down, halved my blood pressure medication. Resting heart beat 57 bpm. Lost six stone and never felt better. I have an egg guy!

It's not for everybody - but you wanted to know what I eat - it will be different to what most others will eat.