Food low carb

Jason91

Hi all looking for low carb snacks also best way to track my carbs not done it much befor for ever eatting junk

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all looking for low carb snacks also best way to track my carbs not done it much befor for ever eatting junk
Hi,

Are you looking for a change in snack options on the lower carb front?
Or an LC replacement for what you normally snack on?

Tracking what you have been snacking on. The packaging will have a carb content. You could retain any packaging of what is consumed instead of disposing of, then total it up?

There are some great free apps where you can log your BGs, insulin & carbs..which may help.

Pork scratchings are a reasonable LC snack for starters.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
There are a lot of low carb snacks available ranging from keto protein bars in various flavours, to cold hard boiled eggs, peices of cheese etc.

I just count how many carbs are in whatever food package I open, I do use any app to remember them.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Pork scratchings about the lowest carb snack out there.
Might be a better idea to eat proper meals and not snack though especially when injecting?

Ktmpedro220

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Try Carb Manager as a tracking app. Urban fruits Coconut chips. They do have carbs but also fibre which works differently. Loads of keto snacks out there.

VashtiB

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Can I make a suggestion- what types of snacks do you like- that may help everyone give some low carb alternatives. Some like salty others crunchy for example- I'm a sweet person largely.

One thing I am n ow buying is prepared cheese sticks wrapped in prosciutto. Basically no carbs and not huge calories and easy and nice- so ticks all my boxes (except sweet)