Food Tracker Apps

Mo R

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm new T2D and am using CarbManger and would say its easy to add your favourites into your own listings.
Plus advanced settings also help to change content, and qty...
I've paid for a yrs subs as discounted, Thinks its a great guide to help reduce carbs and think about what foods to eat..
I dont weight my foods but you can in this app.. better than others tried..

Good luck with your journey..

Reactions: Grace04

Grace04

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you. I must find the time to look at it.

Paule Foster

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi, I’m relatively new to low carb, high fat and wondering if an app that breaks down the food clearly into protein, carb and fat will give me a clearer idea of what I’m eating. Helping me make sure I’m getting the balance right.

Do you use an app and do you find it useful? If so which app do you use (there are so many of them) and do you pay for the full version or do you find the free part covers enough of the basics?

Many thanks

A newbie here - I use the Carb & Cals app that was recommended to me by a dietician on a course I attended. It’s free, breaks everything down into carbs, Cals, fat proteins & fibre. You can scan barcodes & enter your own recipes etc. I’ve found it very useful & intuitive.

Reactions: Grace04

malcs90

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, I’m relatively new to low carb, high fat and wondering if an app that breaks down the food clearly into protein, carb and fat will give me a clearer idea of what I’m eating. Helping me make sure I’m getting the balance right.

Do you use an app and do you find it useful? If so which app do you use (there are so many of them) and do you pay for the full version or do you find the free part covers enough of the basics?

Many thanks
I've always used Samsung Health which allows you to input ingredients of your meals and drinks which shows the total amount of carbs for each meal.

Paule Foster

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A newbie here - I use the Carb & Cals app that was recommended to me by a dietician on a course I attended. It’s free, breaks everything down into carbs, Cals, fat proteins & fibre. You can scan barcodes & enter your own recipes etc. I’ve found it very useful & intuitive.

Yes I use this too - your own recipe bit is very useful + it has things from various restaurant chains (scary the amount in carbs in some!)