Food tracking apps?

Lily1042

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Do any of you use a food tracking app? I have been listing the carb content of foods into a notebook and wonder is there any programme where I can easily track my daily intake. I am finally really serious about going lchf.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I use mySugr app to record food and readings. You can enter carbs and description. It does for me. It doesn't record macros but I have always ignored them anyway.

After a few days of data from t gives an estimated HbA1c number. It's free.

Reactions: Lily1042

Muneeb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Do any of you use a food tracking app? I have been listing the carb content of foods into a notebook and wonder is there any programme where I can easily track my daily intake. I am finally really serious about going lchf.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

myfitnesspal is pretty good. Can search for food, scan barcodes etc and it picks up nutritional info, tracks it, macros etc.

Colin of Kent

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
MyFitnessPal is great for the wide range of foods in its enormous database, and the barcode scanner is useful too. But be aware that the data for a lot of the more generic items are sourced from the US, where carbs are counted including fibre, which is misleading for a carb-counting diabetic. Cronometer is also very good, and counts net carbs (i.e. without fibre), as well as tracking micronutrients.