Type 2 Foot care

Davy-M

As I have type 2 Diabetes my question as just had a foot check has the NHS cut down as cannot get moisturiser creams and Podiatry one thing I have problems with cutting my toe nails is this National in the U.K. ?.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
As I have type 2 Diabetes my question as just had a foot check has the NHS cut down as cannot get moisturiser creams and Podiatry one thing I have problems with cutting my toe nails is this National in the U.K. ?.
I think there is a regional variation. I haven’t, ever, had diabetic footcare appointments with a podiatrist. Just the check by the nurse at diabetic review. Even this has become less frequent. Though if you are having difficulty with nails you should be referred to the NHS podiatrist service by GP.
https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/ng...he-risk-of-developing-a-diabetic-foot-problem
I pay privately to see a podiatrist a couple of times a year, though I don’t have foot problems. I also use simple over the counter moisturisers, and check feet daily.

Reactions: jjraak

TriciaWs

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I got podiatry appts as I have arthritis in my hands as well as T2, so I struggled to cut my nails and sometimes I'd cut my toes - a risk for diabetics. Before covid they were every 3 mths, since one gap was as 8mths and my next appt is 5mths since the last.