Foot cream

Fievel

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Have you tried dipping your feet in pine-sol and warm water for 30min?

Flora123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am a T1 diabetic and have been for 7 years now. I know foot care is essential. However I never apply any creams and I would like to start as my feet have become very dry. I wondered of anyone had strong opinions on which is a good cream please? Also is it worth paying to see a chiropodist?

If you like a treat Elemis foot cream is divine. I was lucky enough to get some for Christmas.

Reactions: hankjam

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have just got round to buying Eucerin 10% Urea Foot Cream. From Boots the chemist. It wasn’t cheap I am afraid. I shall now try it and see how it goes.

@hankjam

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
I ordered some and have been using it about a week. I agree. Wonderful stuff.

That wonderful summer last year saw me in the garden almost every day and I garden mostly in bare feet (yes, I know!) but the cream kept my feet in great nick and my hands too. I'm glad you like it and it doesn't hurt that it is a reasonable price.

Reactions: Bluetit1802

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I ordered some and have been using it about a week. I agree. Wonderful stuff.
Okay. That is considerably cheaper than the stuff I bought today. So will try it next time.

My legs and feet need something like this. I first started noticing the condition in a milder form many years back but thought it was a reaction to exposure to oil derivatives that I came into contact with (through workboots etc). Looking back it is obvious that it has been higher blood sugars all the time, possibly.

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
That wonderful summer last year saw me in the garden almost every day and I garden mostly in bare feet (yes, I know!) but the cream kept my feet in great nick and my hands too. I'm glad you like it and it doesn't hurt that it is a reasonable price.

It's in the basket!
Cheers
Hj
:)

Reactions: Guzzler

"Carina"

Foot care is most essential for all diabetic patients. For that patient must wash their feet regularly before sleep and use a good foot cream which is helpful to avoid any foot creaks. Protect feet from injury and always ware footwear.