Lily 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
hi
Sorry I keep asking so many questions but I don’t know who to ask with a drs appointment been a average of 3 weeks wait, tonight I noticed my feet are quite red, on the soles of my feet to about 2 cm up, the heel is the reddest part, I had a quick google as iv never noticed this before ( bad idea I know ) but the first thing that came up was diabetic foot issues, I hav had no problems with my feet but since seeing the symptoms I have managed to develop tingling in my feet ( probably psychological as I didn’t have it before I read the symptoms ) anywho, does anyone know if redness is a diabetic foot symptom, the skin is still blanching and it’s not hard. I honestly feel like I’m on edge since diagnosis it’s been making me quite depressed feeling like I’m falling apart. Is redness a diabetic foot issue or am I just latching onto anything and blaming the diabetes. I don’t know if this makes a difference but my hca1 was 64 when diagnosed 4 week ago, I am on a low carb diet, lots 10lb in them 4 week and on metformin 1000mg a day and my blood sugar is between 5.1 pre meal and 6.5 2 hrs post meal, pretty much all the time Thank you

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
hi
Sorry I keep asking so many questions but I don’t know who to ask with a drs appointment been a average of 3 weeks wait, tonight I noticed my feet are quite red, on the soles of my feet to about 2 cm up, the heel is the reddest part, I had a quick google as iv never noticed this before ( bad idea I know ) but the first thing that came up was diabetic foot issues, I hav had no problems with my feet but since seeing the symptoms I have managed to develop tingling in my feet ( probably psychological as I didn’t have it before I read the symptoms ) anywho, does anyone know if redness is a diabetic foot symptom, the skin is still blanching and it’s not hard. I honestly feel like I’m on edge since diagnosis it’s been making me quite depressed feeling like I’m falling apart. Is redness a diabetic foot issue or am I just latching onto anything and blaming the diabetes. I don’t know if this makes a difference but my hca1 was 64 when diagnosed 4 week ago, I am on a low carb diet, lots 10lb in them 4 week and on metformin 1000mg a day and my blood sugar is between 5.1 pre meal and 6.5 2 hrs post meal, pretty much all the time Thank you

Hi Lilly - You'd be incredibly unlucky to have foot issues at the time of diagnosis. Some folks do have a bit of tingling or numbness, but I haven't heard too many talk about redness specifically.

It sounds like you're doing really well, with your blood numbers and trimming up.

It's natural to think everything that happens is related to our diabetes. Do you have any medical appointments coming up when you could ask the Doc/nurse to check your feet over?

Lily 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Hi yes I am seeing the diabetic nurse in a few weeks, I will bring it up then she did mention she would be referring me to a foot and eye doctor as a routine check but I’m not sure when that will be. It’s so difficult especially because pretty much everything is blamed on diabetes, And described with the worst outcome. Thank you for the reply I honestly don’t know what I would have done without this place, I have had so much more information and help than from my doctor. Thank you

K

Katie Pod

Lily2,
Is your foot hot and swollen as well as red?
You need to speak to your GPs surgery, tell them you are concerned and ask for an appointment with a Podiatrist as soon as possible.
This redness you mention could be nothing to do with your diabetes but you should still get it checked out.

Last edited by a moderator: