foot neuropathy ?

chalup

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Hi all I have what has been assumed to be diabetic neuropathy of my right foot only. It is not my back, this has been checked. The main symptom is numbness. Over the last 3 months with meds, a low carb diet, and supplements it has improved somewhat. What I am wondering is if anyone has experienced what feels like swelling across the ball of the foot right behind the toes. It does not look particularly swollen and there is no pain or discoloration. The numbness has improved to the point where I would definitely feel pain if it were there. This swollen feeling is driving me nuts. Also if I walk for any distance the numbness starts to creep back temporarily. Anyone else experience this?

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
I'll 'bump' your post up the forum in the hope that you get some replies @chalup

catfan

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Too many to list.
My toes have been numb for a couple of years, just carried on as usual but had to sleep in wooly bed socks !. Then followed nerve damage & now horrendoud tingling/burning in lower legs & worse in thigh areas.
I was type 2 for about 15 years or so & never bothered, just carried on as normal. Own fault.

Now T2 reversed, last Hba1c 39, but neuropathy won't get better I'm told.
Do work on reducing your BG levels.